The following facts are shared from Smartasn.org

The U.S. EPA estimates the average US citizen throws away 70 pounds of clothing and other textiles annually and  textile waste occupies nearly 5% of all landfill space.  The efforts of the resale and recycling industry accounts for eliminating approximately 3.8 billion pounds of post-consumer textile waste (PCTW) each year, yet it only accounts for approximately 15% of all post PCTW, leaving 85% in our landfills. Recycling textiles (clothing) also saves the environment from tons of harsh chemicals, waste products and waste water used in the manufacturing of clothing.

Sweet Swaps gives consumers in our community a way to recycle clothing and other items while generating extra income.  We also provide an opportunity for families to save money by purchasing affordable, like new and gently used fashionable clothing, small furniture, toys and accessories.  When items are donated at the end of the sale to local charities, this provides yet another opportunity to ensure these items end up in the hands of those that can use them rather than in landfills.

Sweet Swaps believes this creates a  *** win – win – win – win *** opportunity for our sellers, our shoppers, our charity partners and our planet… and if you ask us… that certainly makes consigning with Sweet Swaps Kids- SWEET!

lets go green image    lets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green imagelets go green image